Monday, March 7, 2011

First Post

If I was on a forum right now, I'd be one of those obnoxious people screaming "FIRSSSSST". But I'm not on a forum, and I own the place. So yeah.

Welcome to my new brain child. I'm a teacher and an internet addict and am often curious about how those things interact. Posts on this blog are going to encompass one of three categories:

1) Straight up musings on particular features of the wide, crazy world of the internet

2) How the internet fits in with today's classroom and how to integrate it well. (Pro-tip: having your kids pull research off of Wikipedia is NOT one of the ways).

3) News articles on education that I feel deserve a comment or two. 

As far as my background goes, I'm a Music Educator turned Literacy Educator. I've taught in semi-rural and urban environments. I get a little passionate when it comes to education reform, defending my profession and of course, the internet.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment